Ásbrú Connection Manager Documentation¶
Ásbrú Connection Manager is a user interface that helps organizing remote terminal sessions and automating repetitive tasks.
- Simple GUI to manage/launch connections to remote machines
- Scripting possibilities, 'ala' SecureCRT
- Configurable pre or post connection local commands execution
- Configurable list of macros (commands) to execute locally when connected or to send to connected client
- Configurable list of conditional executions on connected machine via 'Expect':
- forget about SSH certificates
- chain multiple SSH connections
- automate tunnels creation
- with line-send delay capabilities
- KeePass database file (.kdbx) integration
- Ability to connect to machines through a proxy server
- Cluster connections
- Tabbed/Windowed terminals
- Wake On LAN capabilities
- Local and global variables, eg.: write down a password once, use it ANY where, centralizing its modification for faster changes! use them for:
- password vault
- reusing connection strings
- Seamless Gnome/Gtk integration
- Tray icon for 'right button' quick launching of managed connections. Screenshots and statistics.
- DEB, RPM and .TAR.GZ packages available
Frequenty Asked Questions¶
Why did you call that project "Ásbrú" ?
In Norse mythology, Ásbrú refers to a burning rainbow bridge that connects Midgard (Earth) and Asgard, the realm of the gods.
Is this a fork of PAC (Perl Auto Connector) Manager ?
As David Torrejon Vaquerizas, the author of PAC Manager, could not find time, for some reasons that we respect, to continue the work on his project and was not open for external contributions (see this), a fork was needed to ensure the future and give the opportunity to the community to take over.
More questions can be found on the dedicated project wiki page.
The repositories for our RPM and DEB builds are thankfully sponsored by packagecloud. A great thanks to them.